Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What do you get . . .

What do you get with 73 inches, 135 items and costing only $99.29 One happy mama!! Yes that is right. It is funny what can make a mom happy. After many sad adds. The big one finally came. I was so happy last night, I could hardly wait to load up my 5 kids and take them all shopping with me. So with my coupons in hand and Mylee well feed. We hit the road to Albertson's. After 30 minutes of filling the cart with all on the list and another 15 minutes checking out. We were done. All in all I bought 135 items, spent just under $100 and saved a grand total of $241.66 ( $19. 70 in coupons it pays to print them off). Which means I saved 71% or more than double what I spent. Being a stay at home mom, it is my job to make sure that every penny I spend is spent well. I think I did a good job today. We came home with 56 cans of green beans, 18 cake mixes, 12 frosting, 6 boxes of potatoes (which with coupons were free), 4 boxes of Go-gurts, 3 grands biscuits, 4 pizza crust, Chex mix, 4 fruit snacks, 3 cereal bars, 6 cookie doughs, 13 boxes of cereal, AAA batteries, and Tide. I think that is it. All in all it was all name brand and we got it for less than store brand. Plus the bonus is I walked away with 700 box tops for the kids schools. The only sad part of the day was Was unloading it all. Miles was excited at the store when he saw how much I saved but when we got home he informed me to never buy this much stuff again. What would I do without him???

1 comment:

Laura and crew said...

Quite impressive...we went today and made out like a bandit as well! I love me some good sales and good kids that help!

Monkey Business

Monkey Business
We always say it is a zoo around her.

Gota love Rachael Ray