Monday, June 7, 2010

Meet the newst member of our family

Yes we are crazy. So not only did we just buy a house 6 weeks ago. Have a baby 11 days ago. But today we got a dog. I don't want to know what is to come next. I think I am good for a long break and no more big surprises. We had told the kids that after we got a house we would start looking for a dog. We had figured that we would not get one until August at the earliest. But if the perfect dog came our way we would be on board for a dog earlier. We new that the only dog we could get was a lab. A few weeks ago I was talking with my mother about dogs. She was telling me that her and my dad were thinking about a cocker spaniel, I told her about an e-mail I had received a few days ago about one that a family was giving away. Later that same day my mom called me and made an offer our family could not turn down. They told us how sad Goldie had been since Sinder had passed. How she was always happy to see our family. So they had decided to give us Goldie and take this dog or another dog like it. So after a weekend they found out that they were getting "Molly" the dog in the email and that we could have Goldie. We could not turn them down. Our kids new Goldie, we new what she was like and it should hopefully be an easy transition. So thus a dog so soon after a baby. You will have to stay tuned to see how it all turns out. Here are some other fun pictures from the last few days. Along with Goldie joining our family today we also tried to set up our swimming pool. Sad thing is Jim thinks it has a leak. I am praying it does not. We will find out in the morning. After a long night with Mylee last night Madison woke up at 6 am. Was dressed and ready by 6:05. I was ready to go lay back in bed for another hour so I set her up with colors and a coloring book. This is what we found when we got up 1 1/2 hours later. Another wonderful picture of Mylee last night. Oh so ready for a fun night. I can not wait for her to smile for real.

2 comments:

Laura and crew said...

Our kids were up this morning quite early, too. Must be in the water...

Grandma Hungerford said...

It looks like Goldie and the kids are happy. I hope that things work out with the new pool. Mylee is so cute when it looks like she is smiling.

Monkey Business

Monkey Business
We always say it is a zoo around her.

Gota love Rachael Ray